Contest rules & regulations - Springtime / Running time! Contest
- This contest is organized by EC3D Sports, QSD Inc. (hereinafter "Contest Sponsor"). The contest begins on March 31st, 2016 at midnight, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and ends April 24th, 2016 at midnight EDT (the "Contest Period").
- The Contest is open to residents of Canada & United States, who have reached the age of majority in their country, but excluding employees, representatives and officers of the Contest Sponsor(s), their associated societies, advertising and promotional agencies, promotional and contractual partners, including the companies that provide the prizes/services afferent to this contest, as well as their immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), their spouses, and all persons living with these employees, representatives or agents.
HOW TO ENTER AND HOW TO WIN
To participate, complete the official entry form on ec3dsports.com/contest (hereinafter "Contest Website"). Electronic entry forms for the first draw must be received no earlier than March 31st, 2016 at midnight (EDT) and no later than April 10th, 2016 at midnight (EDT). Electronic entry forms for the second draw must be received no earlier than April 14th, 2016 at midnight (EDT) and no later than April 24th, 2016 at midnight (EDT). All electronic entries will be assigned an official registration number, which will be automatically deposited in a box of electronic draw by the Contest Sponsor.
No purchase necessary. You can enter the Contest by submitting by mail a letter (the "Letter") written by hand to the following address: Springtime / Running time! Contest to the attention of EC3D, 1993 Ave. Francis-Hughes, Laval, (Quebec), H7S 2G2, (the "Place of Business of the Contest Sponsor"). The Letter sent by the participant must be at least fifty (50) words long and indicate that the participant would like to win the prize. The letter must also include the first name, last name, email address and gender of the participant. The participant must send the letter by prepaid regular mail. The Letter for the first draw must be received before April 7th, 2016 at 11:59pm EDT to be eligible. The Letter for the second draw must be received before April 21st, 2016 at 11:59pm EDT to be eligible.
- One (1) entry per draw for the contest period, per person, per email address (or physical address) (participants may not use more than one (1) email address to enter the contest). More than one (1) entry form sent per drawing from the same person or from the same email or physical address during the Contest Period will cancel all entries submitted by that person or that email or physical address for that draw. The use of automated systems to submit an entry form is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
There will be four (4) prizes.
Prize DescriptionThere will be a total of four (4) prizes to be won, divided in 2 draws (1 men's set and 1 women's set to be won per draw). Each set consists of a pair of Twist Compression Socks by EC3D and a pair of Skechers running shoes, for a maximum value of two hundred and forty dollars in Canadian currency ($240CAD) per set for a maximal total value of nine hundred and sixty dollars ($960 CAD) for the contest.
- The draw to determine the winners will take place, for the first draw, on April 11th, 2016 at 3pm (EDT) in the EC3D offices at the Place of Business of the Contest Sponsor, from all eligible entries received. The draw to determine the winners will take place, for the second draw, on April 25th, 2016 at 3pm (EDT) in the EC3D offices at the Place of Business of the Contest Sponsor, from all eligible entries received.
ODDS OF WINNING
- The 4 selected participants, whose entries have been drawn at random, will be notified by email (using the information provided by the participant on the entry form) by the Contest Sponsor or a representative within 7 working days of the draw. A postal mailing will include a form of acceptance of the conditions of the contest to be signed by the selected entrant.
- If the Contest Sponsor is unable to contact a selected participant using all reasonable means to do so, within 7 working days of the draw, this participant will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsor shall, at its sole discretion, carry out another draw to select a new participant.
- The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of entries received on the Contest Website and by mail during the contest period.
CLAIMING A PRIZE
Before being declared a winner and receiving their prize, the selected entrant must:
- Have been reached by email within seven (7) business days after the draw of his entry form.
- Correctly answer, unaided and within a limited time, a mathematical skill question.
Sign and return the acceptance form of the conditions of the contest to the Contest Sponsor within 10 days of the date of receipt of the latter. The signed acceptance form will confirm that:
- the winner has complied with these Contest Rules,
- they accept the prize as awarded,
- they authorize the Contest Sponsor to use their name, photograph and / or video image for publicity purposes without compensation,
- and that they release the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and its agents, officers, directors, employees and representatives, as well as the contest organizers from any liability or damage, cost, expense or claim arising out of the contest or prizes, or in connection therewith.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions listed in the present document will result in the disqualification of the entrant and the cancellation of their rights to the prize.
- Upon receipt of the signed prize acceptance form, the Contest Sponsor will contact the selected entrant and will take all necessary measures to present the award to the winner.
- Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant's entry form to the contest will be verified. The following conditions will result in the rejection of the application and of the selected entrant's right to access their prize: (i) Multiple entries using their own name, entries made using multiple addresses or under multiple identities, or using any software, system or process allowing mass emailing, (ii) Incomplete forms, illegible, fraudulent, late, or containing incorrect information in relation to the participant's contact information, (iii) The inability of the Contest Sponsor to reach the winner using the details provided by the applicant on their application, (iv) The return of a non-receipt message following an e-mail sent by the Contest Sponsor, (iv) Failure to respond to the winning notice issued by the Contest Sponsor, (vi) Failure to return the signed copy of the agreement regarding the contest regulations within the periods stipulated in section 9 c) of this document (vii) Failure to comply with any of the conditions listed above or another aspect of this Regulation. In case of disqualification of the selected participant, the Contest Sponsor can proceed to draw another entry form.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any technical failure of the contest website or the impossibility to access it during the eligibility period of the contest.
- The Contest Sponsor, its affiliates, subcontractors and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, including advertising and promotional agencies, assume no responsibility for any information lost, stolen, received late, altered or misdelivered, or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical failure of any network or any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, any problem receiving an electronic message on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the computer equipment of a participant or any other person in connection with their participation or downloading any material as part of the promotion.
- Any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest releases the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates, subcontractors and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies, from any liability for damages or any claims directly or indirectly related to the awarding, receipt, possession, the use or misuse of any prize or participation in the contest.
- Personal information - meaning any information that identifies you personally and that includes your name, email address and other information of this type - of the participants are kept in a secure environment at the Place of Business of the Contest Sponsor, and are used for the sole purposes of this contest. Only employees involved in the Contest or other authorized purposes will have access. However, even if the Contest Sponsor has implemented methods designed to protect your personal information effectively, we cannot guarantee that personal information will not be lost, used unlawfully or modified in a fraudulent manner, since no assurance can be given about the transmission of data through the Internet.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize is not negotiable and not redeemable against a sum of money (unless otherwise stated). In the event that, for some reason beyond the Contest Sponsor's control and that of the winner, the Contest Sponsor could not award the prize as described in these rules, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to award the winner a prize of the same value or of equivalent nature, or equivalent prize money.
- By entering this contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to use their name, photograph, address, audio statement and / or video image for publicity purposes without compensation.
- This contest complies with all relevant local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
RÉGIE DES ALCOOLS, DES COURSES ET DES JEUX
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion and without notice, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to cancel or suspend this contest.
- Any dispute regarding the organization or conduct of a publicity contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses and games for a ruling. A dispute about the prize can be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- For comments and/or questions regarding this contest, please contact the Contest Sponsor, EC3D Sports "Registration to the Springtime / Running time! Contest", 1993 Ave. Francis-Hughes, Laval, (Quebec), H7S 2G2.